Call Trudy Rogers on 01635 569670 | Email:


If unable to create Lasting Powers of Attorney for property and financial affairs or health and welfare because of a lack mental capacity, the only option is to apply to the Court of Protection for Deputyship.

A Deputy is responsible either for someone’s Property and Financial Affairs or for their Health and Welfare – perhaps even both. This means following strict rules, processes and procedures, which can be frustrating and confusing. Rogers Legal can help you to make your applications, or to understand and support you in your role as a Deputy.

A Deputyship for Property and Financial Affairs means more than just looking after the money, it means looking at the ‘best interests’ for each decision that you take. This usually involves consulting with other professionals, obtaining advice and always putting the vulnerable person’s needs and welfare first.

As a Deputy for Health and Welfare you need to know the details of what is happening in the life of the vulnerable person so that you can make those decisions in his/her ‘best interests’.
You need to involve the vulnerable person as much as possible so that he/she can understand or at least can take part in what is going on.

Taking on the role of a Deputy can be daunting as well as rewarding. We offer support and guidance, or we can take on the role for you if preferred (See Berkshire Trustees Limited).

Please contact Trudy Rogers on 01635 569670 or email on for further information.